AOL mail is a globally known free web-based email service. Supported by Verizon communications, it…
Changing AOL mail password may require when you suspect that your account has been hacked or used by someone else, or you do this when you want it to make stronger. No matter what your motive is, you will have to follow a common procedure to Change AOL Password. Well, you might have wasted your precious time by looking for a change password link in your AOL mail but there is no such link provided by AOL. You have to go through a procedure and then only you know How to Change AOL Password.
We bring you a complete guide and step by step instructions to change your AOL email password. Furthermore, we have included a few tips to make your password strong and difficult to guess. They even make your account safe from keyloggers and other security thefts.
Steps to Change AOL Email Password:
Alter your password by applying the below-given steps. For any kind of information and queries, connect with the service team of AOL.
Note:- Given procedure can also be followed for AOL Account Recovery
- Visit the official AOL website via https://www.aol.com/.
- AOL homepage will appear on your screen.
- Now, click on the Login/Join option by moving your cursor towards the top-right corner of the page.
- After all, this, enter your username in the required field.
- Now, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Put your password in the field.
- Click on ‘Sign in’ button.
- You will now login to AOL.
- You will be directed back to aol.com.
- Go to “Account Settings” page.
- Now click on Profile Name, answer security questions if appeared and ‘Continue’ for further.
- Account setting page will open on your browser.
- Choose change password.
- Now, enter your current password and new password in the next field.
- Save all the changes and now log in with your new password.
If you are not able to follow these steps, just see the pictures below:
Step 1:- Visit on the AOL login page and enter your username or AOL email id.
Step 2:- In this step, try to reset your AOL Mail account password with the help of registered phone number.
Step 3:- Many times AOL can’t verify your details online. So, you need to call AOL Customer Service Number to reset your account password.
This is the process to know How to Reset AOL Password. If you can’t follow these steps then connect with expert technicians by dialing AOL Phone Number and change your password with quick assistance.
Also read:- How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone?
How to Make Your AOL Account Password Strong?
Follow these below-given tips and make your password strong. Having a strong password keep your account secure from hackers and security thefts. Follow the steps to create a strong password using given tips.
To make your password strong, you must keep it long as they are harder to crack as compared to short passwords.
Note: -Long passwords are also harder to remember. Hence, you must follow a few tips:
- Don’t use space in between password and use a proper sentence.
- The first letter of each word should be longer.
- Use more than two numbers and make it difficult to guess. Try to add them at the beginning or in the middle but make sure to remember to placement.
- Try to keep it relatively simple by using any common sentence.
- You must change your password regularly to thwart hackers.
For further information, you can reach the AOL mail service team where experts are waiting to assist their customers. For any query or help regarding forget AOL Password, you can contact them via email, phone number, chat or through their social media accounts as well.
Summary: – The article consists of information of changing AOL mail password. The procedure is given in step-by-step instruction.