Do you suspect that your Yahoo mail password has been compromised or you think that…
Use email services like Gmail, Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or an app like Yahoo mail on your Smartphone to send and receive text messages and additionally use the Yahoo account on a web browser to have fun access.
How to Use Yahoo Mail with Other Third-Party Applications?
Yahoo IMAP settings allow users to use Yahoo folders in both the email program and web browser. However, you need to configure SMTP settings for the action of sending the emails using your account. If you don’t know how to set up yahoo mail with outlook or other applications or in case Yahoo IMAP Not Working, read the full article for better information.
What are IMAP, SMTP, and POP?
- IMAP stands for Internet Mail Access Protocol. It basically governs the receipt and viewing messages.
- SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol that works for sending the mail. When you try to configure IMAP settings for Yahoo then you need to configure SMTP settings too.
- POP stands for Post Office Protocol. These protocols govern the process of receiving the mail. It is an older version and you would regret using POP by design and it retrieves messages from the server and instantly deletes the messages from the server. It is only available on the device on which it is downloaded. IMAP syncs the messages and if you try to say three devices to open yahoo mail all three will look alike with same contents.
Incoming/Outgoing Server Protocol Settings to Use Yahoo Mail With Other Applications:
To access Yahoo Mail you need to open a new wizard and do the below-mentioned settings:
- Yahoo Mail IMAP server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP port: 993
- TLS/SSL: Yes
- IMAP user name: Your full Yahoo Mail address
- IMAP password: Your Yahoo Mail password or app password
- Yahoo Mail SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP port: 465 (try 587 as an alternative)
- SMTP TLS/SSL: Yes
- SMTP username: Your complete Yahoo Mail address
- SMTP password: Your Yahoo Mail password
Now, just see the step to step solution to configure your Yahoo Mail with other applications.
#Step 1: Start Outlook application in your computer
#Step 2: Click Add your account manually and click on next-
#Step 3: Select the first option “Internet E-Mail” and click next-
#Step 4: Now, fill all details (Your Name, Yahoo E-mail Id, Server Information, user name & password). After entering all details click More details for port settings-
#Step 5: After, click More Settings, go to the advanced tab and enter the incoming or outgoing port number.
#Step 6: Setting up outgoing server settings-
#Step 7: Final step, click on next and click on “Finish“.
Note: If in case, you face any issue while configuring your Yahoo mail in outlook or in other application then contact to the Yahoo Customer Service team for help.
How to Fix Yahoo IMAP Server Settings Issues?
All the third party holder clients like Mac, Outlook mail connects with your Yahoo mail account using either POP or IMAP protocols. These apps need proper things to line up accurately in order to have a proper workflow with an email account. Go through these following steps to identify and resolve the problem.
Inspect if there is an issue with your account.
You need to address prompts while performing the below mentioned activities.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account via a web browser.
- Make a new email by clicking on compose and mention your own address in “To” field.
- Send the mail and check whether you receive in 3 minutes.
Testify POP3 and IMAP settings you are using are correct
Check whether both protocols are correct i.e. POP3 and IMAP while configuration. Even if the info shows correct, properly check the data that it is not corrupt on the hard disk. You may delete the app and reload it again. If further assistance needed here, you can get it to touch with our professionals.
Verify the software that is blocking the ports we generally use.
The antivirus and other protocols have features to block the ports. If any of the ports are blocked, it fails to connect to our server. In this case, contact the internet service provider to unblock the ports.
Check the below criteria does match to you or not.
- Do you use the old version of POP3 or IMAP email app?
- Which one you use- two-step verification or Yahoo account key.
- Is there any extra email address to Yahoo mail account?
Get in touch with app manufacturer or switch to another app
If you have successfully verified till roots all possible reasons then definitely something is wrong with your app or Yahoo IMAP Not Working. Our expert technicians will help you with the troubleshooting steps and will help you glide out of your problems. You can contact our expert technicians by dialing Yahoo Phone Number 1-855-599-8359 and get your issue with Yahoo mail IMAP settings solved in a single go.
Summary- This article consists of entire details about Yahoo protocol settings like IMAP, SMTP, and POP. For further information jump to our official site.